Wood Stoves Ventis HES170
* Ventis HES170 is a substitute for Osburn 1700
▪Medium size wood stove on pedestal
▪Suitable for smaller spaces
▪EPA certified at only 1.26 g/h
▪Solidity and manufacturing quality
▪Non-catalytic combustion technology
▪Installation authorized on the Island of Montreal
▪Cast iron door
▪Top heat deflector and side panels
▪Stainless steel heat shield added to the firestop
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area (9)||500 - 1,800 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||1.9 ft³|
|EPA loading volume||1.44 ft³|
|Maximum burn time (9)||6 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (4)||65,000 BTU/h|
|Minimum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||15,650 BTU/h (4.6 kW)|
|Maximum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||23,300 BTU/h (6.83 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV) (5) (6)||70 %|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV) (5) (7)||75 %|
|Optimum efficiency (1) (2)||78 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency (8)||74 %|
|Average particulate emission rate (3)||1.26 g/h|
|Average CO (10)||58 g/h|
- 1. Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
- 2. Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
- 3. This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
- 4. The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
- 5. As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
- 6. Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
- 7. Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
- 8. The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the solid fuels into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
- 9. Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
- 10. Carbon monoxyde.
|Maximum log length||18"|
|Shipping weight||328 lb (149 kg)|
|Overall dimension (Width)||24 7/8"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||29 1/2"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||22 3/4"|
|Alcove installation approved||Yes|
|Mobile home approved||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Certified according to applicable standards||CAN/USA accredited laboratory|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||Optional|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Recommended chimney diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height||12'|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||17 1/4"|
|Door opening size (Height)||8"|
|Glass type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass surface - W x H||15 5/8" x 9 1/4"|
|Firebox size (Width)||19 5/8"|
|Firebox size (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||13 1/2"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks||Yes|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 certified|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe||Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe|
|Clearances - Base of the unit to ceiling**||84"||84"||84"||84"|
|Clearances - Corner||12"||12"||12"||12"|
|Clearances - Back wall||14 1/2"||7 1/2"||13"||7 1/2"|
|Clearances - Side wall||10"||10"||10"||10"|
*The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
**Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.