Osburn 2200 Wood Insert
The 2200 insert, with its focus on efficiency and elegance, is an excellent example of Osburn's know-how. The bay window adds a touch of elegance to your fireplace and also improves its heat output.
The 2200 insert is designed to offer a long burn time in slow combustion mode and can provide comfort for many hours - even overnight - thanks among other things to its ultra-silent standard blower. The Osburn 2200 insert - superior features in an eye-catching, high performance wood stove.
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood|
|Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : ()||800 - 2,000|
|Firebox nominal volume (cu. ft.) :||2.3|
|Maximum burn time : ()||8 h|
|Maximum heat output (dry cordwood) : (2)||70,000 BTU/h (20.5 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (2) (3)||11,700 BTU/h (3.4 kW) to 30,400 BTU/h (8.9 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (EPA cribs / Douglas fir) :(3)||63.0 % (HHV) (4)||67.0 % (LHV) (5)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3)||N.A. (HHV) (4)||N.A. (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum efficiency : (6) (7)||75 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (8)||2.7 g/h|
|Average CO : (9)||N.A.|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(9) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency EPA certified appliance||Yes|
|Maximum log length||18''|
|Log positioning||Over width|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12'|
|Approved for an alcove installation||N.A.|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||380 lb (172 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with steel frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||26 1/4'' X 10 3/8''|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||130|
|Overall dimension (Height)||23 1/8''|
|Overall dimension (Width)||32 7/8''|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||28 3/8''|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||9''|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||19 1/8''|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||12 1/4''|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||19 1/8''|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||17 1/4''|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Adjustable threaded legs||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||5/16"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Height)||22 5/8"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Width)||26 1/4"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Depth)||17 3/8"|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||84"||84"|
|Clearance – combustible side mantle to unit||10"||10"|
|Clearance – combustible top mantle to unit||14''||14''|
|Clearance – combustible side wall to unit||17"|
|Clearance – minimum floor protection in front of the appliance||22"||22"|
|Clearance – top shelf to unit||22''||22''|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.