Osburn 1600 Wood Insert
With its compact design, the 1600 insert can be installed in a fireplace as small as 14 3/8'' deep. Even so, it offers a performance of up to 65,000 BTU/hr and burns 17'' logs.
The standard 130-CFM blower helps maximize the stove's energy performance and the very low emission rate, even at normal operating temperatures, makes the 1600 insert an excellent choice for those seeking an environmentally friendly but ultra-efficient source of heat.
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood|
|Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : ()||500 - 1,800|
|Firebox nominal volume (cu. ft.) :||2.0|
|Maximum burn time : ()||6 h|
|Maximum heat output (dry cordwood) : (2)||65,000 BTU/h (19.0 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (2)(3)||11,800 BTU/h (3.5 kW) to 42,400 BTU/h (12.4 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (EPA cribs / Douglas fir) : (3)||68.0 % (HHV) (4)||73.0 % (LHV) (5)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) :(3)||N.A. (HHV) (4)||N.A. (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum efficiency : (6) (7)||80 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (8)||4.44 g/h|
|Average CO : (9)||N.A.|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(9) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency EPA certified appliance||Yes|
|Maximum log length||17''|
|Log positioning||Over width|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12'|
|Approved for an alcove installation||N.A.|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||378 lb (172 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||15'' x 8 3/8''|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||130|
|Overall dimension (Height)||22 5/8''|
|Overall dimension (Width)||25 7/8''|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||26''|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||8 1/2''|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||15 5/8''|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||12 7/8''|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||18 1/8''|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||14 3/4''|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Adjustable threaded legs||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||5/16"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Height)||22 5/8|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Width)||26 3/8"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Depth)||14 3/8"|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 907|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||N.A.||N.A.|
|Clearance – combustible side mantle to unit||10''||10''|
|Clearance – combustible top mantle to unit||16''||16''|
|Clearance – combustible side wall to unit||16''|
|Clearance – minimum floor protection in front of the appliance||18"||16"|
|Clearance – top shelf to unit||22''||22''|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.