Osburn Horizon Wood Fireplace
Beyond the Size!
This Horizon wood fireplace offers peace of mind due to the combination of energy efficiency and clean heating. A simple solution; its clean design suits any type of decor.
Large fireplace. Behind its large glass door, the 4.28 cubic foot combustion chamber can hold an impressive 60 lbs of wood.
Low emissions. This energy efficient fireplace complies with the EPA’s clean-air standards (only 1.6 g/hr of emissions).
High efficiency. The Horizon fireplace is capable of heating large spaces and burns for 10 hours.
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood|
|Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : ()||1,000 - 2,800|
|Firebox nominal volume (cu. ft.) :||4.28|
|Maximum burn time : ()||10 h|
|Maximum heat output (dry cordwood) : (2)||95,000 BTU/h (27.8 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (2)(3)||16,610 BTU/h (4.9 kW) to 43,021 BTU/h (12.6 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (EPA cribs / Douglas fir) : (3)||N.A. (HHV) (4)||N.A. (LHV) (5)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) :(3)||63.9 % (HHV) (4)||68.4 % (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum efficiency : (6) (7)||69.7 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (8)||1.6 g/h|
|Average CO : (9)||157.4 g/h|
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(9) Carbon monoxyde.
|Burn rate||<1.5 kg/h (<3.3 lb/h)|
|High-efficiency EPA certified appliance||Yes|
|Maximum log length||25"|
|Log positioning||Over width|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||15'|
|Approved for an alcove installation||N.A.|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||550 lb (250 kg)|
|Door type||Double, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||29 3/4" X 13 1/2"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||176|
|Overall dimension (Height)||43 3/8"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||50 3/4"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||31 3/4"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||12 3/4"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||33"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||17"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||25 3/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||17 7/8"|
|Moulded refractory bricks||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA / ASTM WK47329|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 127|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC-S610|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
APPROVED CHIMNEY TYPES
|American Metal||HSS||AC Triple Wall||8" (15 cm)|
|American Metal||HS||AC Triple Wall||8" (15 cm)|
|M&G DuraVent||Dura Plus HTC||2" Solid Pack||8" (15 cm)|
|M&G DuraVent||Dura Plus||AC Triple Wall||8" (15 cm)|
|Olympia Chimney||Ventis||1" Solid Pack||8" (15 cm)|
|Rockford Chimney||Rock-Vent||1" Solid Pack||8" (15 cm)|
|SBI Venting Division||Nexvent||1" Solid Pack||8" (15 cm)|
|Security Chimney||S-2100 +||2" Solid Pack||8" (15 cm)|
|Selkirk||CF Sentinel (CF)||2" Solid Pack||8" (15 cm)|
|Selkirk||Super Pro 2100 (ALT)||2" Solid Pack||8" (15 cm)|
|Selkirk||Super Vent 2100 (JM)||2" Solid Pack||8" (15 cm)|
* Specific components may be required depending on the chimney manufacturer.
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||84"||84"|
|Clearance – combustible side mantle to unit||8"||8"|
|Clearance – side wall||24"||24"|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
Osburn Horizon Operating & Instruction Manual